- S! Mail is not available! new mail service exclusively for iPhone will be called email (i) and your mail address will be in the @i.softbank.jp domain contrary to the current S! Mail domain - @softbank.ne.jp That being said, current SoftBank customers who switch to iPhone will need to change their SoftBank email address.
- Student discount is not available.
- There is a special USIM (SIM card) for iPhone. Customers who change their SoftBank phone to iPhone will be required to exchange their SIM card. Moreover, dedicated iPhone USIM (SIM card) can not be used in other phones. That prevents iPhone to be used with regular SoftBank price plans and additionally locks the device.
- Voice call charges, plan's free minuets, basic charges are the same as the current price plans, for example in case of White Plan (i) voice calls to other domestic carriers' handsets as well as voice calls within SoftBank from 9PM till 1AM cost 21Yen per 30 sec. (42Yen per minute, tax included) - just as regular White Plan.
- Tada tomo mail discount service can not be used with Email (i).
- New Super Bonus Discount service works exactly the same.
- Data plan is required.
16GB Model (tax included):
3360Yen iPhone installment
5985Yen data plan
315Yen S-Basic Plan
980Yen White Plan (i)
6Yen Universal Service
-1920Yen monthly discount
TOTAL: 8726Yen per month
8GB Model (tax included)
TOTAL: 8246Yen per month